Immigration Law

Bringing families back together through immigration law counsel

Come to the Law Offices of Michael H. Said, P.C. for assistance when your goal is to bring your loved ones to the U.S. We will consult with you on your all your options in this matter, guide you through all paperwork, and help you prepare for what is next. As immigration specialists, we know the provisions to the visa laws inside and out, and we can advise both the beneficiary and the petitioning relative regarding the process.

You’ll get all the necessary paperwork prepared and submitted for the USCIS and Department of State. Additionally, we can guide you in preparation for the USCIS or consular interview and can represent you at the interview.


If you are not a U.S. citizen but are a permanent resident, you may apply for naturalization. This has several valued benefits such as:

-Ability to vote

-Avoidance of any future removal proceedings which could result in removal (deportation) from the U.S.

-Avoidance of the possibility of losing permanent resident status by residing outside the U.S. for more than 6 months.

The experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael H. Said, P.C. will help you in gaining naturalization and even citizenship if that is the route you choose to go.


Some individuals are U.S. citizens without knowing it. Birth in the U.S. establishes U.S. citizenship, but some people born outside the U.S. are actually U.S. citizens. Detailed laws govern whether an individual born outside the U.S. is a U.S. citizen; these laws focus on the following factors:

(1) the date the child was born

(2) the citizenship of both parents

(3) whether the U.S. citizen parent(s) resided in the U.S. for the requisite period of time

(4) whether the child resided in the U.S. for the requisite period of time

Curious about derivative U.S. citizenship under the Child Citizenship Act?

Any child born outside the U.S. after February 27, 1983, automatically becomes a U.S. citizen when at least one parent is a U.S. citizen and the child is residing in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen as long as that parent is seeking naturalization or citizenship.